Monday, September 15, 2008

Summer Adventures

Ok, so I am not doing that great with this blog thing, but I promise that I will get better. I thought that I should share some of the adventures that Sydney and I have had this summer. Now remember, these are just SOME of our adventures, as reallyh each day of our lives is an adventure.

Now when I say adventure, I must admit I use the term rather loosely. An adventure for us really can be as simple as walking from the bedroom to the bathroom without a diaper on. Or bending down to kiss Sophie and the newest addition to the animal kingdom, Maisy. All of which you do at your own risk.

What I consider to be the first true adventure of the summer was Sydney's first airplane ride, on our way to visit TJ in Indiana. He was great! A born traveler! What exactly does that mean, you ask. Well, it might mean that he is ready to hit the road with the next show that is available. Who knows...we shall see.

Following our adventures in Indiana and re-cooping at home for a few weeks we headed out to North Carolina to visit Amy's Beach house. I have just a few things to say about that: Well just one I suppose, It doesn't get much better. I have been to so many beaches in the U.S. and other countries, and I must say that the Outer Banks of North Carolina is right at the top of my list for the best Beaches in the U.S.A..

We had a great time. Holt and Becky took great care of us. We enjoyed some awesome company with Amy, Patrick (Amy's brother), David (Patrick's boyfriend), Jeff and Jill (friends of Patrick and David), and Care Bear. It was truly, truly a great vacation!
Filling time until our next trip to visit TJ we did a few fun things around Utah. One of which was the attempt that Heather, Tim and I made to climb Timpanogos. A couple of things went wrong. First of all, we took the wrong trail. Only to find about 2 hours in that we had just been following the road up over the Alpine Loop. During that time I realized how heavy Sydney really is, and thank goodness for that wrong turn, because I am not sure I would have made it to the top with that heavy guy on my back. Oh well, it turned out to be an absolutely beautiful day in the Mountains. Something I definitely do not get enough of.

The next adventure was a few weeks later when we flew out to NYC to see TJ. We didn't do nearly as much as we should, being in NYC. Somehow it is a little more difficult to get around with a baby and a stroller. Basically, we walked around tons, which Sydney loved! He just sat there and took it all in. Other than that we visited the Cloisters, ran along the Hudson, and sat in Madison Square Park where they were screening the US Open Live.

Our biggest adventure actually came after we sent TJ off to China. Everything was going perfectly. The night before was our 8 year Anniversary. So a couple of good friends babysat for us while TJ and I went out. It was really, really nice! We had a delicious Italian dinner, followed by a Horse Carriage ride in Central Park. Really a great evening, and actually the first time we have been out alone since Sydney was born. Yay! It was great!

The next day everything was planned literally down to the last second. It went like this: We sent TJ off to the airport, went and met the rest of the AIDA cast (including Timmy and David)at their bus and sent them off to China. I then went back to the hotel to pack. Jared Young came and watched Sydney for me while I went to catch the matinee of "In the Heights", a superb Broadway show (strangely enough, the only thing I saw while we were there).

Immediately following the show, Jared brought Sydney back to me, we jumped in our car and were on the way to the airport. Everything worked like clockwork. Well, long story short, we missed our flight. I have NEVER done this before, but I had the flight time completely wrong. So by the time we got to the airport there was no way for us to get back to SLC until the next day.

That was the beginning of the new adventure. Another long story short, we were re-booked for the same flight the next day, got hooked up with an old friend from "42nd Street" (Evan Alboum) who took us in for the night....soooo sweet of him! We took our flight the next day, and yes, that was 9/11. No worries. We made it home safely and we were on to our next adventure.

The State Fair. That is all I need to say. The pictures sum it all up :)

So until the next time, we bid you farewell.


Kayla R. said...

Sooooooo CUTE!!! I love all the pics* Sydney is just growing so fast:) Congrats on your run last Saturday..YOu ROCK*

Cori said...

You are one beautiful girl and that is ONCE CUTE BABY BOY!
Many squishy hugs!
Cori Connors